In this section, we look at how to add, remove, and configure a Server group in BizTalk Server 2000.
1. Open the BizTalk Server Administration console by going to Start | Programs | BizTalk Server, and open the MMC.
2. Once the console is open, highlight (by clicking on it) the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000 icon in the left-hand pane of the MMC.
3. On the Action menu in the console's toolbar, point to New, and select Group.
4. The New Group dialog box appears as shown in Figure 9.6. Figure 9.6 New Group Dialog Box iJL^l Mmih
5. Type the name of the new server group in the Group name.
6. Next, apply the name of the Tracking database for the server group. Put this in the Tracking database name space.
If you change information in the Tracking database or Shared Queue database areas, you must complete the following steps:
1. Stop all servers in the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000 node.
2. Shut down the BizTalk Server Interchange Application.
3. Restart all servers in the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2000 node.
7. Type the name of the server on which a Tracking database for the server group is located in the Tracking SQL Server name box.
8. In the User name and Password boxes, type the Microsoft SQL Server logon username and password that are used to connect to the server where the Tracking database is stored.
9. Also note that User name is a required field and must be completed.
10. Password is in fact an optional field; in other words, a password is not required to connect to the server, although this is not a great idea.
11. Click OK to finish adding and configuring the group.
You should remain security conscience and know that this along with many SQL Server passwords of the same nature can leave you with many holes in your security infrastructure. Be aware that they exist and how to protect them. Assign a password if needed.
Make sure that if you change any values in the Tracking database area, you must remember to update the connection string in the Connection.vb file with the new Tracking database information. The Connection.vb script can be found in the \Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server\BizTalkTracking\ VBScripts folder on your BizTalk Server.
Was this article helpful?