In ActiveReports, the viewer control and associated dialogs can be localized.
This walkthrough illustrates the basics of setting up localized strings for the ActiveReports viewer control. The walkthrough is split up into the following activities:
• Creating a new Visual Studio project
• Creating a directory
• Using the Windows Resource Localization Editor for the resource files
• Running the Satellite Assembly Utility to create a satellite assembly
• Adding the ActiveReports Viewer control to the project
• Adding code to change the culture information for the project
• Running the project
To complete the walkthrough, you must have the following files: Strings.txt, Descriptions.txt, PrintingStatus.resx, FindDialog.resx, PublicKey.snk, and SatelliteAssembly.exe. You can find these files in your Program Files/Data Dynamics/ActiveReports for .NET/Localization folder. You will also need access to the current ActiveReports.Viewer.dll installed on your machine which you can find in the Program Files/Common Files/Data Dynamics/ActiveReports for .NET folder.
When you have finished this walkthrough, you will have a localized ActiveReports viewer control that looks similar to the following. For purposes of this screenshot, Japanese was used to localize the viewer control.
Was this article helpful?